All applications and inquiries should be forwarded to:
Attn: Ann Hampton, Personnel Secretary
Wyoming Valley West School District
450 N Maple Ave
Kingston, PA 18704
Phone: (570) 288-6551 x10210
Wyoming Valley West School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Current Open Positions
Assistant Special Education Director
- The Assistant Director of Special Education position requires a Pennsylvania Special Education Supervisor Certification and/or a Pennsylvania Principal’s Administrative Certification.
- This candidate should have knowledge of the PDE’s special education laws, mandates, regulations services and standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, or a similar related discipline (MBA or CPA preferred) is required.
High School Assistant Principal
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certification and Administration Certification Required.
Long Term Substitute High School Spanish Teacher – Grades 9-12
- Secondary Spanish Certification Required
- Applicants are required to have a valid Pennsylvania RN or LPN License and CPR certification.
Elementary and Secondary Substitute Teachers
Current Part-Time Openings
Personal Care Assistant - Applicant must be responsible for a special needs student in an educational setting and follow the educational plan for the student. Applicant will assist their assigned student to and from their mode of transportation and at times accompany their student to and from school, cafeteria, bathroom facilities and community based places along with the personal care and hygiene of the student.
*Applicant must possess current First Aid/CPR certification.
*Applicant may be assigned to a student whose placement is out of the District.
*Applicant is required by the PDE to complete 20 hours of paraprofessional development each school year.
*Applicant must be able to lift over 50 lbs. and possess a valid PA Driver’s License.
Cleaning Person/ Part-time – Applicant must be knowledgeable in the performance of general cleaning duties. Daily duties would include operating a vacuum cleaner, using a dry mop and wet mop; cleaning windows, stairs and railings, cleaning desks using a sanitizing cleaner, dusting and polishing furniture; cleaning lavatories and fixtures, cleaning flooring, walls and doors; align desks and chairs. Must be able to take direction from head custodian, custodian and/or matron and perform other duties as assigned.
Classroom Aide – Applicant must be knowledgeable of duties of assisting teachers in a classroom setting. These duties would be working with students of various ages and helping students through various levels of academic work by the direction of the classroom teacher. Duties may consist of filing students’ paperwork, preparing paperwork for class by use of copiers, scanners, computers and printers, as advised by the classroom teacher, and any other help that would be needed on a daily basis.