Back to School Checklist for Remote Learning
Please follow the below guide in order to prepare for the technology basics of virtual learning. Should you have any questions, please contact the main office of your child's school or the district main office.
- High School - 570.779.5361
- Middle School - 570.287.2131
- Chester Street Elementary - 570.287.2438
- Dana Street Elementary - 570.283.0591
- Schuyler Ave Elementary - 570.287.6041
- State Street Elementary - 570.779.5381
- Third Ave Elementary - 570.288.2282
- Administration Building - 570.288.6551
1. Login to Skyward Family Access - Parent Portal
The Skyward Family Access Parent Portal is your central hub for all of your student information. Some of things you can do through the parent portal are:
- contacting your child's teacher(s)
- viewing your child's schedule and attendance
- opting in or out of our robo call list
- finding your student's login information needed for our virtual platforms
If you cannot remember your password or unsure if your account is active, please go to our Help Guide and follow the instructions.
For the beginning of school, we are asking parents to make sure they can login to the portal and perform the following:
1. Complete the "Update Student Information" form for each child
2. Check your child's schedule. You should see the "Schedule" tab on the left navigation menu
3. Update Skylert. You should see the "Skylert" tab on the left navigation menu
5. Perform the Daily Health Screening
2. Login to Google Classroom
You should attempt to login to Google Classroom. If you need instructions, please click here. If your child's username and password does not work, please do not worry. Your child's teacher will contact you on the first day of school to be make sure all students can login.
This year, we will auto populate your child's classes into Google Classroom, so you do not need worry about the "codes" to join.
At this time, High School and Middle School will show full schedules, but elementary may only show homerooms. The elementary schedules will begin to populate throughout the week leading up to our first day of school as we finalize those schedules.
If you have any questions regarding your child's schedule, please contact your child's building at the phone numbers above.
3. Login to District-Issued Chromebook
4. Signup for Remind
We are excited to share that Wyoming Valley West School District is rolling out Remind district-wide! If you're not already familiar with Remind, it's a classroom communication tool that makes it easy to stay involved with your child's learning. Remind is free to use, and you'll be able to get and send messages on any device—even a simple text message from your phone!
As part of this rollout, official accounts will be created for all the educators, parents, and students at WVWSD based on our current information in our student database. On Sunday, September 6, you'll receive an email or text message from Remind. All you need to do is follow the steps in the message to finish setting up your account. Here is a video demo to see how Remind works.
If you do not see your chlid's classes after you login, do not worry. Teachers can share their class codes with both parents and students to join their classes once you create your account.